Go from this: to this:
1. Open up your pic. Resize it to 100x100 pixels after you crop it to the way you like it. This is now your base.
2. Duplicate your base once, set the blend mode to screen and opacity to 100%.
3. Make a new layer. Fill it with this color: 0b0a31 and set this layer to exclusion 100% opacity.
4. Make another new layer. Fill it with this color: dacda0. Set this layer to soft light 100% opacity,
5. Make a new layer. Fill it with this color: ccdaf6. Set this layer to color burn 100% opacity.
6. Remember the blue I was telling you about? This step will make it happen! Make a new levels adjustment layer (Layers+New Adjustment Layer+Levels). In the RGB mode, your input levels will be: 11, 1.03, 232.
In the BLUE mode, these are my settings: 7, 1.11, 232.
7. I also wanted to make Reba's dress more green. So I made a new layer, and filled with this color: d3efdf. Set this layer to color burn 100% opacity.
8. I didn't think my icon looked real bright, so I made a brightness/contrast adjustment layer, and upped my brightness to 13, and contrast to 16.
9. Last but not least, paste this texture: by heartthepretty onto your icon, adjust it to however you like it, and set the layer to screen 100% opacity.
I really hate to post this (again), but I feel I have to. We need a reminder for those who post in here:
-When I say NO BASHING I absolutely mean NO BASHING! If you don't like something I do, keep it to yourself! I post my icons in icon communities, and will continue to do so unless someone (MODERATOR) tells me otherwise. So keep those smart *** comments to yourself! Obviously people enjoy my tutorials or I wouldn;t be posting them!
-I'm still screening anonymous comments, so be smart, don't be an anonymous poster! I will disable that option permanently!
If anyone has any questions or (non bashing) comments, feel free to speak up!
1. Open up your pic. Crop it, with your aspect ratio being 1x1, and resize your pic after cropping it to 100x100. This is your base.
2. Duplicate your base once, and set the blend mode to screen, opacity set at 100%.
3. Make a new layer. (Layer+New+Layer or in PS, Layer+New Fill Layer+Solid Color). When that's done, fill your layer with this color: d09f7a. Set your blend mode to multiply and opacity to 69%.
4. Make another new layer. Set this one to color burn 100%, and fill it with this color: acd4f9.
5. Make a levels adjustment layer (Layer+New Adjustment Layer+Levels). Leave your blend mode and opacity where it is. In the RGB mode I used these settings: 0, 1.10, 246.
6. I think my icon needs some enhancing. So I make a hue/saturation adjustment layer (Layer+New Adjustment Layer+ Hue/Saturation). I increased my SATURATION in the MASTER mode to +27.
7. It's coming along, but there's 1 last thing we need to do before we're done! I made a brightness/contrast adjustment layer (Layer+New Adjustment Layer+ Brightness/Contrast). Increase your brightness to 15, and contrast to 25.
Done! :) See that was easy! Add text or brushes if you want to, I left my icon alone!
-Comments are ♥
-Credit required if using an icon!
-Textless icons are NOT bases!
*Peter Pan screen caps came from fever of fate!